Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Hunter Family's 1st Annual Squash Kabosh




Some of you who know me may have discovered that I am a little bit more than passionate about squash .  I love to explore all varieties that I could plant in my garden someday.  This year we had intended to participate in a farmer's market when we first started planning our garden.  With all that came to pass this summer we soon realized it was not an ideal situation to be hopping on over to the market at dawn every Saturday with all the kids, so we put those plans on hold, hoping to someday participate in a market of that sort.  However, with all the produce from our garden and an ever burning desire to share with the world my fondness of squash, I have decided to have my own little farmer's market in my yard.  I plan to still reserve some squash for my own family of course, but hope to sell a lot of what we have grown. 

SQUASH KABOSH
Sidewalk Sale
This Saturday ONLY!!!
October 2, Noon-2pm
Come taste the natural goodness of homegrown squash.
Summer varieties:
Yellow Squash
Zucchini
Patty Pan
Winter varieties:
Acorn
Delicata
Spaghetti
Butternut

Hunter Residence
Cash or Check only please!!!









3 comments:

  1. Oh man! If we lived closer, I totally would come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok so can you tell me how to cook spaghetti squash?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coretta, saute some sausage, peppers, onions, garlic, maybe mushrooms and whatever else you like. Split the spaghetti squash lengthwise and remove seeds. Then, pile your sausage and pepper mix into each half of the squash and top with parmesan or mozzarella. Bake covered for 30-45 minutes and enjoy the flavors!

    ReplyDelete